Scott Street

Scott Street
THE house

Saturday, January 7, 2012

UPSTAIRS BATHROOM


Hello!  Happy 2012!  Except for little things, the upstairs bath is all done.  We are really proud of it.  After Cori made the bench with hooks for towels/robes, I made the old dressing table we got from Habitat into a vanity.  We used  the mirror that matched the downstairs bathroom dresser vanity for over the sink.  We were lucky one day at Lowes and found the exact size remnant we needed for the flooring and saved $50.  It looks like slate but is vinyl and cushiony to walk on.  The door is one of the coolest things.  We got it free when we went to buy another door for one of the bedrooms.  We decided to 'frost' the top window.  I happened to be on the internet and found that there was spray paint that frosted glass.  We thought we would try it since the door was free.  We found some vine-looking stencils that Cori stuck in the 4 corners and then she did the spray painting.  When it dried, in about 30 minutes, we removed the stencils and it came out great.  You can't see through it other than light.  It is pretty unique. 

  The plumbing was replaced in August in this corner in the bathroom and we put some planks on the wall that we had leftover from the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom.  We love the air compressor!

 I think I had posted a picture of the turquoise tub and sink before but wanted you to see the before/after side by side shots.  The new floor is more grayish than the picture shows.  We are pretty proud of this room.  We have to stop and stare at it whenever we walk by-ha!  I was going through my pictures and can't find the final project of Cori's bench.  I will take camera over there tomorrow and get one.  
Later...

5 comments:

  1. Where oh where did you get that GORGEOUS shower curtain? I am stuck with a white tub, yellow tiles in the tub surround and faux marble grey and white tiles in the reminder of the bathroom. I have been searching high and low for a new curtain... this might be it.
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, I'm kinda new at the blog thing. I don't know if you got my email but the curtain is a Waverly brand and it was purchased at Burlington Coat Factory. I hope you find one and thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  2. this bathroom is GREAT! I'm totally in love with you how used the dresser table for the vanity!!!! So jealous. This is truly a "trash 2 treasure" and I'd love for you to link it up at the party that just started over on Kammy's Korner!!! http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2012/02/trash-2-treasure-tuesday-19-plus.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If I can figure out how to do it I will !

      Delete
    2. And by the way, I love your blog!

      Delete