Scott Street

Scott Street
THE house

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

plumbing

Today the water company is coming to put in a pipe to the water meter.  I guess they remove it when houses are foreclosed so people don't use the water in the house for free when it's empty.  Then the plumber should be there to demolish all pipes and the cast iron tub.  He asked me if I wanted to do it and save myself some money. After watching the videos on youtube, seeing how hard it is with a sledgehammer, I decided I'd pay him to do it.  I bought 2 32-gal garbage cans to put pieces in.  I don't know how he'll carry it himself since he doesn't have any help. He said it takes 2 days to get rid of everything and 1 day to put in all the new pipes and drains.  That seems pretty fast to me but at least I'll have water and a toilet by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment